What Factors Affect Your Energy Bill?
What You Need to Know
- There are a large numbers of variables affecting how much you pay each month.
- For example, depending on your tariff, your energy will be charged at different rates at different times of day.
- The cost of resources such as crude oil generally have a knock on effect on the bills you pay.
- The energy efficiency of you the appliances you use can also having a big impact on the price you end up having to pay.
- Government initiatives can offer certain demographics help with their energy bills, so it's worth checking if your eligible for any such schemes.
Trying to understand why your energy bill costs as much as it does can be a complicated and difficult task at times. It may seem as if your bill fluctuates for no reason at all but in reality there are a large number of variables at work that dictate how much you will end up paying.
Here we take a look at a few of the most important factors that will affect the cost of your energy bills. Much of this information can be found at energyhelpline.com, a useful site for information concerning all your energy needs.
The biggest impact on your energy bill will be the tariff you sign up to. Shopping around for a tariff that suits your energy needs can be a great way to maximise your energy efficiency and lower your bills considerably, for example, you can compare electricity rates on Energyhelpline.com. Working with your tariff by using energy when it is cheapest, often at night and on weekdays, can go a long way to minimising your monthly expenditure and cutting costs. Make sure that you have a good understanding of the exact ways in which your chosen tariff operates and use this information to your advantage.
Cost of natural resourcesThe cost of the natural resources needed to provide your home with the energy necessary for everyday tasks can also be an important factor in dictating how much your monthly energy bill will come to.
A rise in the price of oil or natural gas on the international markets can a have a knock on effect for consumers and any increase in cost may be passed on to everyday customers. Unfortunately, there is not much consumers can do about this apart from look at other, more sustainable, forms of energy provision in the home.
Appliance energy ratings
Today, most electrical home appliances will be awarded an energy rating based on the efficiency of their energy use. This ranges from A-G, with A being the most efficient user of energy and can have a large effect on how much energy you consume and, consequently, the cost of your monthly bill.
Though more energy efficient appliances are usually more expensive than their less efficient counterparts, many people find that they save money in the long run with such machines. Shopping around for an appliance that is both good value and energy efficient can go a long way to cutting the cost of running your household.
The Government has in place a number of initiatives that can affect your monthly bill. This often affects sections of the population that are deemed ‘vulnerable’ and can mean drastic reductions in your monthly outgoings.
This is particularly true for the elderly, who may find themselves able to apply for winter fuel allowance or a number of other initiatives that can alter the cost of your energy consumption for the better. Often, it is a good idea to check official Government websites for advice on which initiatives you may be qualify for.
- 61 guides are tagged with relationships
- 8 guides are tagged with wedding
- 39 guides are tagged with first date
- 50 guides are tagged with relationship advice
- 34 guides are tagged with online dating
- 16 guides are tagged with advice
- 12 guides are tagged with uk dating
- 66 guides are tagged with dating advice
- 25 guides are tagged with date
- 12 guides are tagged with dating online
- 13 guides are tagged with lifestyle
- 18 guides are tagged with relationship
- 240 guides are tagged with dating
- 18 guides are tagged with first date advice
- 7 guides are tagged with dating service
- 9 guides are tagged with uk online dating
- 49 guides are tagged with Dating Lifestyle
- 15 guides are tagged with online dating search
- 48 guides are tagged with dates
- 9 guides are tagged with romance