How to Choose the Right Electronic Cigarette
What You Need to Know
- Manufacturers of electronic cigarettes must meet safety standards.
- Electronic cigarette starter kits begin from just £12.
- There are different strengths of nicotine to suit your smoking habits.
- Electronic cigarettes are a much cheaper option than normal cigarettes.
- You can choose from a range of different electronic cigarette designs.
- Look for an electronic cigarette that you can charge from your USB plug.
- Electronic cigarettes are a healthier lifestyle choice.
Why Make the Switch to Electronic Cigarettes?
Since going to market in 2004, electronic cigarettes, or ‘e-cigs’, have become an increasingly popular alternative to the usual tobacco-based cigarette. Here are some reasons why:
- A healthier option: Electronic cigarettes can provide smokers with a nicotine hit without the harmful side effects of regular cigarettes.
- Socially acceptable: Electronic cigarettes can be smoked indoors and in the company of non-smokers.
- Budget: Electronic cigarettes cost up to 85% less than normal cigarettes so making the switch will save you a significant sum of money.
What to Look For When Choosing an Electronic Cigarette
If you are looking to invest in an electronic cigarette there are several factors worth considering before you buy:
Electronic cigarettes provide nicotine without the harmful by-products associated with smoking. If you’re shopping around for an e-cig, make sure you look for the following:
- A RoHS certificate: this will ensure the electronic cigarette complies with EU safety regulations regarding electrical and chemical components.
- The Electronic Cigarette Industry Trade Association logo: the ECITA website (ecita.org.uk) includes several e-cig companies that have been awarded the ‘Industry Standard of Excellence’ which covers a wide range of legal compliance requirements.
Electronic cigarettes use nicotine ‘refills’ that come in various strengths, from 0mg (no nicotine) to full strength 24mg. Because different strengths are available, it is possible to match the nicotine content of your e-cig with your smoking style. If you tend to spend most of the evening with a cigarette in your hand, it might be beneficial to go for e-cigs with lower nicotine content.
An electronic cigarette starter kit, priced at around £12, comes with an e-cig, two cartridges and a USB charger. All you’ll need to purchase from then on are additional cartridges – buy them in bulk and they’re available for less than £1. If you want to treat yourself, choose speciality flavour refills, such as warm roast USA tobacco or menthol.
If you’re an image-conscious smoker, there are designer e-cigs available, such as the black-and-white striped Electric Zebra variety with bright-green LED. Their unique and distinctive appearance means you can smoke them anywhere. What’s more, you can keep your designer e-cig in a sleek case which adds to your style.
If you spend a lot of time at your computer, choose an e-cigarette that charges directly from your USB. You may also want to look for a pack that includes spare atomiser parts in case you need replacements in the future.
- 1 guides are tagged with buying a toaster
- 1 guides are tagged with baby
- 1 guides are tagged with broadband internet
- 1 guides are tagged with Buy a Pushchair
- 1 guides are tagged with buying a dishwasher
- 2 guides are tagged with Coffee Maker
- 1 guides are tagged with Britney Spears
- 1 guides are tagged with Buying a Coffee Maker
- 1 guides are tagged with compare dishwashers
- 1 guides are tagged with Buying a Pushchair
- 1 guides are tagged with antivirus
- 1 guides are tagged with compare toasters
- 1 guides are tagged with Consumer Codes
- 1 guides are tagged with Buy Flowers
- 1 guides are tagged with buying a juicer
- 1 guides are tagged with Buy a TV
- 1 guides are tagged with computer
- 2 guides are tagged with Consumer Rights
- 1 guides are tagged with Buy a Coffee Maker
- 1 guides are tagged with book